Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Cat on the Coop

This morning I had company for chicken chores. Generally Peep is a happy guy first thing in the mornings and I can leave him inside with his toys and maybe a sister or two while I quickly run outside to feed and water the chickens. Some days I even get a load of laundry hung. Today was not one of those days. Peep just would not be content laying down this morning so he got to join me in the carrier.
The first thing I saw as soon as I opened the back door was a big fat cat lounging on the roof of the chicken coop! He ran away as soon as I stepped outside and squeezed under a gap under the gate.

Fortunately Buffy had gone in the coop last nigh instead of roosting in a tree which is her preference of late. Tonight she changed her mind again, sand she and Tess are BOTH up the tree so I really hope that cat doesn't give them grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment